The group's aim is to increase its market share in the two animal health sectors (companion animals and food-producing animals) while still steadily improving its operational profitability. Preferring to rely on closeness with customers and mobilisation of its teams, the group's strategy revolves around 6 priority themes.
• focus on animal health and a strategy of developing decent brands,
• the pursuit of global leadership in the companion animal sector and selective development in the food-producing animal sector,
• a strategy of dominating niche markets, and of either staying away from or standing out as different in the most competitive sectors,
• innovation directed by the market, involving research, development and licensing,
• priority growth areas (North America, then Asia and Latin America) and areas for growth and profitability optimisation (Europe and the Pacific),
• a strategy of selective external growth.