Closer to customers, better through people. The only independent French animal health company, Virbac is a pure player and expert in animal health designed mainly for the sector’s professionals: veterinarians and farmers.
Through client proximity and its teams’ commitment, today, Virbac has become an internationally recognised player. The Group is now one of the leaders in companion animals, at the same time pursuing its selective growth in farm animals.
Virbac places employees at the centre of its strategy because “a company’s success is not built without respect for the men and women behind it”.
Eric Marée, chairman of Virbac’s executive board
More details about labour practices and decent work in the annual report 2011
KEY FIGURES 2011
• 3,500 employees throughout the world
• 573 people were recruited, the equivalent of 19% of the workforce
• Employee turnover falls within the lower average of each country
• Development of skills and employability: 29.76 hours per person per year
• A seniors agreement has been in place to guarantee that a minimum of 100 employees would fall in the +55 years old category, in 2011 that figure was 124
• A gender equality agreement was negotiated to monitor the wage gap